Why I Love Techne's Makeup Workshop (And You Should, Too!)

by - 11/24/2014

As mentioned in my previous blog post about Techne, I am never really into makeup. I feel like my face is like that of a scary clown in full paint. (Maybe that's the reason why I never really want to paint my face. Haha.)

But I realized.. Why not try new stuff, be adventurous, walk out of my comfort zone, and just be free to do more, seek more, and be more



(c) iampiathought
I know! This really sounds exciting! It's like doing what you really want to do and not just stuck with what life commands you to do. 

And oh! Do you still remember your first make up ever? 
Because personally, I will never forget my first all out makeup. 

I can still remember when I tried to put my makeup on with just a pressed powder, black eyebrow pencil, and red lipstick. And then, my Mother scolded me. For what? For my panda-looking eyebrows! Yes! And we didn't talk the whole day because I still want my pitiful eyebrows. Haha. I can't resist laughing now whenever I remember that!

Good thing there are now very useful Youtube Makeup tutorials posted by the famous HMUAs (Hair and Makeup Artists).


BUT being in an actual makeup workshop is, of course, way much better. 



Before we talk about the event itself, let me first introduce Techne. 

Techne means beauty in all aspects of art. It aims to help fellow Filipino women to know more about the basics of makeup to how to put your holiday makeup, to shaping your eyebrows, and many more. 

But wait! Techne's workshops doesn't end only in makeup. So watch out for more workshops, events, seminars on photography, modeling, drawing/sketching, personality development, and many other surprises that will help you unleash the creative side in you! I know these will really be exciting!

It was last November 15, 2014 when I got to attend this awesome makeup workshop which is now on its 3rd batch. This was held at Thompson Square, Tomas Morato, Quezon City and lasted for about five long yet super fun hours!


It is really a privilege to know people behind Techne. Aside from being super talented, all-in-one beautiful Donyas, they are also kind, friendly, and humble ones. 


L-R: Vicel, Rizza and Nizza 
(c) Xic Gueco 

1.  Vicel Enriquez

Vicel Enriquez is the group's professional Hair and Makeup Artist. She is practicing makeup for over five years already! Big thanks as well to Makeup Design Academy in Quezon City for molding her into being a professional HMUA! Currently, she is managing Kiss N Makeup by Vicel, a group of talented Hair and Makeup Artists. 

This beautiful woman is a cool and sweet Mom to her cute baby girl, a lovely wife to her only one, and a lover of makeup and art! (Need I say more?)


2. Nizza Gueco

Another talented artist of the group is Nizza Gueco. She is an Architect by profession, and a blogger and baker of delicious goodies by heart! You really have to try her cookies, cupcakes, and other delicious pastries! Did I also say she's into modeling and actually entered modeling school? This beautiful woman is really interesting!

Nizza also has this very friendly smile, positive aura, and big heart for everyone! 



3. Rizza Kho

Last but certainly not the least, Rizza Kho. Rizza is a nurse by profession, but then again, she is an artist by heart. She loves arts, most especially sketching and drawing! 

What I love the most about this pretty lady is her soaring confidence which inspires everyone around her!




My Three Takeways from Techne's Makeup Workshop

I believe we should always go for the better us and strive to unleash the beauty hiding somewhere within us, and to look for ways on how to nurture our God given beauty.

This Makeup workshop tackled about how to do your brows, how to apply  that holiday  and everyday makeup, basic skin care, and highlight and contour. And listed below are my top three lessons learned from Techne's Makeup Workshop.


1. Practice, practice, and practice.

As Vicel said, practice makes permanent. As applied to all, practice is our best friend in achieving our goals. We have to also be very patient in doing arts in our face and just enjoy make up! 

Never give up, never be afraid to ask, and never forget to practice!

2. Take time to check your brows.

"Why are you so sad, dear eyebrows?", asked by Wheng Divah, their fellow HMUA who assisted me with my brows. I really laughed so hard because I know that my brows' shape is like a slant letter "l" with no shape! And I don't even have the time to try and correct those! Haha! Or should I say I don't really know how?

So I am the happiest when he helped me shape my brows! So there guys, we really have to check our brows, because good brows can light your face.

3. Apply your makeup, experiment, and go out.

Never be afraid to go out with your makeup on. This enhances our looks, boosts our confidence, and unleashes that beautiful you that you never thought will be you! 

So, never be afraid to experiment with brushes, eye liners, palettes, lipsticks and many others! And lastly, go out. Show the world what you've got.



HMUA Jackie De Millan helping me with my eyeshadow!



Photoshoot by Xic Gueco


And then, we also had photoshoot by Xic Gueco of X Marks the Shot right then and there! We have our before and after photoshoot, candid shots, and of course, group shots! We really had a whole lot of fun! 


Here's my before and after shoot! (c) Xic Gueco

One of the proofs that we really enjoyed the workshop! Yahoo!

Techne and Guest Bloggers(c) Xic Gueco
L-R Tonette, Vicel, Nizza, and Rizza

L-R Wheng, Pia, and Jackie
Techne Makeup Workshop Batch 3(c) Xic Gueco

Vicel together with the super helpful guest HMUAs(c) Xic Gueco

And to complete the day, the very talented Nizza Gueco, prepared a pastry buffet by her very own Paulettes Choclettes! I tell you guys, this is one of the best cookies I've ever eaten in my life. This may seem a bit over but I think you really have to try one if you want to know why. :)


(c) Health Junkie PH






Now you know the reasons why I love Techne Makeup Workshop. And I believe you should too! 

Interested now to be part of the upcoming workshops? Like their page as Techne will be offering more workshops soon! Stay tuned and hope to see you there!

You May Also Like

0 comments